Step By Step
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Step By Step

Interfaith 12-step Recovery

Similar topics
Help Step By Step to continue!
Our next service:
Wednesday, 4/6
7:30pm
136 Milton St.
Brooklyn, NY
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Website no longer maintained - PLEASE READ!
"Love In Action" - 6/10/09 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 11:55 pm by Damon

» order the Study Edition of Alcoholics Anonymous' basic text
"Love In Action" - 6/10/09 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 8:54 pm by Damon

» "Perfectly Flawed" - 8/12/09
"Love In Action" - 6/10/09 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:09 am by Damon

» "I Hate Everything!" - 6/17/09
"Love In Action" - 6/10/09 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 12:59 am by Damon

» Step By Step Holiday Party!
"Love In Action" - 6/10/09 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 12:08 am by Damon

» help with SBS description
"Love In Action" - 6/10/09 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 12:33 am by Damon

» "The Alcoholic Foundation"
"Love In Action" - 6/10/09 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 1:41 am by Damon

» My Utmost for His Highest - meditations used in meetings by the early fellowship
"Love In Action" - 6/10/09 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 11:28 am by Damon

» What Is Step By Step?
"Love In Action" - 6/10/09 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 1:36 am by Damon

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Love In Action" - 6/10/09

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1"Love In Action" - 6/10/09 Empty "Love In Action" - 6/10/09 Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:22 pm

Damon

Damon
Admin

Step By Step - June 10, 09 - Love In Action.mp3

Based on the following readings:

Modern testimony - Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 152-153
We have shown how we got out from under. You say, "Yes, I’m willing. But am I to be consigned to a life where I shall be stupid, boring and glum, like some righteous people I see? I know I must get along without liquor, but how can I? Have you a sufficient substitute?" Yes, there is a substitute and it is vastly more than that. It is a fellowship based on the twelve steps. There you will find release from care, boredom and worry. Your imagination will be fired. Life will mean something at last. The most satisfactory years of your existence lie ahead. Thus we find the fellowship, and so will you. "How is that to come about?" you ask. "Where am I to find these people?"
You are going to meet these new friends in your own community. Near you, addicts are dying helplessly like people in a sinking ship. If you live in a large place, there are hundreds. High and low, rich and poor, these are our future fellows. Among them you will make lifelong friends. You will be bound to them with new and wonderful ties, for you will escape disaster together and you will commence shoulder to shoulder your common journey. Then you will know what it means to give of yourself that others may survive and rediscover life. You will learn the full meaning of "Love thy neighbor as thyself."

Ancient testimony - Matthew 22:36-40
"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

https://stepbystep.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum